“With outstanding personal development and good achievement, ensuring pupils move from very low starting points to reach average levels of attainment by the end of Year 6, outcomes for all groups are outstanding.” (Ofsted December 2011)
School security has been carefully planned with Governors. Oldfield Lane North gates are closed at 9.00 am and remain closed until 3.00 pm. The only access to the school during school hours is the Greenford Road entrance. New electronic gates further improve the school security. All visitors have to identify themselves through the entrance check at the main door before the electronically locked doors are opened. All visitors are required to sign in and wear a security badge. There are required procedures and security checks for contractors who may be on site to follow. CCTV enhances school security.
No vehicles except staff cars are allowed onto the site 8.30 am – 9.00 am and 3.00 pm – 3.30 pm.
Parents are requested not to bring their cars onto the site at any time.
Health and Safety Procedures
Clear health and safety procedures are in operation in the school. All school policies contain a health and safety aspect. A fire drill occurs at least once a term.
Assemblies at Oldfield
Our 5 minute daily assemblies play a key role in celebrating diversity and understanding and valuing others. A whole school assembly occurs at least once a week, usually on a Friday.
Nursery department (FS1)
- Morning: 8.45 am – 11.45 am
- Afternoon: 12.15 pm – 3.15 pm
- Morning: 8.55 am – 11.45 am (Playtime: 10.25 am – 10.40 am)
- Afternoon: 12.45 pm – 3.15 pm (Playtime: 2.00 pm – 2.15 pm)
Key Stage 1
- Morning: 8.55 am – 12 noon (Playtime: 10.25 am – 10.40 am)
- Afternoon: 1.00 pm – 3.15 pm (Playtime: 2.00 pm – 2.15 pm)
Key Stage 2
- Morning: 8.55 am – 12.20 pm (Playtime: 11.05 am – 11.20 am)
- Afternoon: 1.15 pm – 3.15 pm