French and Latin
At Oldfield Primary school we aim to give every child a love of learning a modern foreign language and its culture through an exciting curriculum and to prepare them for learning languages in Secondary School. At Oldfield children:
- ildren learn how to communicate in French
- Children learn French songs and games
- Children learn about French culture
- Children have the opportunity to participate in French workshops / assemblies
This is how French and Latin are organised at Oldfield:
- Children start to learn French in Year 3 and have a weekly lesson using the Rigolo Scheme of Work.
- In Year 4 children also have an opportunity to begin to learn Latin.
Teachers plan exciting, pratical topics to give children a love of learning a language. Lessons are mainly oral and involve lots of games and songs in order to help children learn the language.