Year 2 - Miss Arnold(Y2O) & Miss Davies (Y2L)
This year is a very exciting year for the Year 2!
- Our topics are ‘Our Local Area’, ‘Space’ and ‘Animals’. We have lots of interesting and exciting lessons planned and opportunities for the children to be learning in all areas of the school.
- In English, pupils enjoy a text based curriculum which we use to develop their confidence for writing imaginatively and across the curriculum.
- In Maths, the children participate in practical activities which link to their real world experiences. We place a great emphasis on effective calculation strategies and checking work.
- Critical thinking is emphasised across the curriculum- to question as well as apply and evaluate knowledge and skills. Pupils are also encouraged to wonder, question and explore.
- Practical activities provide opportunities to design, test, make and evaluate. Working together is an important part of the curriculum.
- Classes think of themselves as co-operative crews, working together to support each other on our learning journey.
In the spring term, year 2L’s topic was space!
We created these rockets and aliens out of different textiles for our design technology art piece.